At Northside veterinary clinic, we strive to keep our staff and our clients safe. This means we have enacted new COVID protocols to help aid us in this process.
We are now providing curbside-only services for our clients and patients. This means that:
- If you are a new patient (or you have a new pet), please fill out our online registration form after making an appointment to limit the contact between you and our staff when checking in.
- When you arrive, send us a text or give us a call at (718) 387-0541 to let us know you have arrived. Please wait in a car if you have one or stand outside the clinic and make sure to continue socially distancing. If you are going to wait in a car, give us a phone number to reach you at when you call to check-in.
NOTE: If you have a pet that is coughing/sneezing, please wait away from any other pets.
- One of our technicians will come outside to collect the pet and bring them inside. Please give any samples (urine/stool/etc.) to the tech at that time.
- Once the doctor has completed a preliminary exam, they will call you to talk about your pet's medical care and proposed treatments.
- Once you have decided on a plan of treatment with the doctor, the technicians will make up any medications needed and come to collect a card to get you checked out.
- After check-out, the technician will bring your pet back outside.
Other COVID Precautions and Rules:
- Only NVC staff is allowed to come in the clinic. Unfortunately, this includes restroom purposes.
- All receipts will be emailed to you at the end of your visit.
- Unfortunately, we are not allowing pet owners to be present during exams unless deemed medically necessary by the doctor.
- ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH OR IN A CARRIER. CATS MUST BE IN A CARRIER.
- If you are dropping your pet off for surgery, please refrain from sending personal items with them, such as blankets, toys, etc.
- If you are not feeling well, and are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID, please let us know and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.